The popularity of AI virtual assistant technology has led to rapid innovation and development. Tech companies are making a lot of improvements in AI voice assistants as employees and companies struggle to work effectively from home.
AI apps can allow you to communicate with your friends via smartphones. They can also connect with speakers that can schedule your calendars to search for the song. AI has made life easier in both these cases. Many people don’t realize they are being surrounded by AI. Although most people don’t know it, some people are deeply engrossed in it.
Research and consulting firm Ovum claim that the global native digital assistant database will exceed 7.5 million active devices by 2022 in its Digital Assistant and Voice AI Capable Device Forecast 2016-2022. Around 47.6% of voice AI-capable devices are expected to be used by 2022 in Asia and Oceania.
The 2022 share will look like this:
- Google Assistant: 23.3 Percent
- Samsung’s Bixby: 14.5 Percent
- Apple’s Siri: 13.1%
- Amazon’s Alexa: 3.9%
- Microsoft Cortana: 2.3%
Digital assistants are being approached by companies with a “know-it-all, do-it-all” motto. They want to create a highly personalized AI voice assistant that can bridge the gap between personal consumer information in a safe and non-creepy manner that maximizes the potential.
What is an AI assistant?
AI assistant, also known as AI virtual Assistant or digital advisor, is a program that can understand voice commands. Natural language processing is used to interpret and execute tasks that users give it. Automation is being used by companies to replace every human task.
AI applications aim to replace secretaries or personal assistants that did tasks like reading text and taking notes, placing calls and finding phone numbers, scheduling meetings, sending emails, and reminding people of upcoming events, among others.
What are the Different Types Of AI Assistants?
The term virtual assistant, or virtual personal assistant, is used to refer to contract workers who work remotely and perform administrative tasks normally performed by secretaries or executive assistants. Smart advisers are another type of AI programming that can be used to assist consumers. Virtual assistants may also be compared with smart advisors. Virtual assistants are task-oriented while smart adviser programs are subject-oriented.
What are the Technologies and Devices of AI Virtual Assistants?
AI assistants, which are cloud-based programs that need an internet connection to function, such as Siri, Google Assistant and Cortana, are typically cloud-based programs. One is for virtual assistance. For example, your. The device will light up to indicate that it is available for user commands. These commands can be given in simple languages, such as “What is the weather today?”
Massive amounts of data are used to power AI voice assistants. This data is very similar to what you see on AI platforms like machine learning, speech recognition platforms, and NLP. For AI programming, sophisticated algorithms are used to extract data that can be continuously improved by anticipating the needs of the end user.
What are the Tasks and Capabilities of an AI Assistant?
The AI assistants can perform simple tasks for end-users, such as providing quick search results and information, adding tasks to a schedule, or controlling and checking the status of smart home devices like lights and thermostats.
AI virtual assistants can also perform tasks like creating text messages, writing material for websites, and receiving phone calls.
The Best Artificial Intelligence Robots for 2022: Features, Functions, and Services
The market for AI-powered virtual assistants is very competitive. reports show that it faces stiff competition. Let’s now discuss the 10 top AI apps in 2019.
Apple’s Siri AI personal assistant is the most well-known and most downloaded AI app. To function, she uses a natural language user interface (UI), and voice queries. She is able to perform the following functions:
- Send text messages and make calls
- Answer questions and make recommendations
- You can also read weather reports and dictate your location
- Requests from delegated to various Internet services and many more
This assistant can be found on several major Apple platforms:
1. IOS2. macOS
Siri can adapt to the language, preferences, and searches of users. A survey of American adults revealed that Siri was increasingly popular in September 2018. The survey found that Siri is used by around 44% percent of smartphone users who use voice assistants regularly.
Another popular AI assistant is Microsoft’s Cortana. Cortana makes personalized recommendations using the Bing search engine and NLP data. It can integrate with many Windows apps and third-party apps via APIs.
Cortana performs the following functions:
- Help is available hands-free
- Answers questions
- Keeps notes and reminds you of important dates
- Assists with tasks
- Calendar management tools
Cortana uses device data to learn how to assist users with more difficult tasks. Similar reports stated that the app was available on 400,000,000 devices. This translates into a large user base. The AI virtual assistant can be found on:
- Windows 10 and Windows Mobile
- Microsoft Band and Mixed Reality, (MR)
- Invoke smart speakers
- Android, iOS
- Amazon Alexa
- Xbox One, CloudX and HyperX
- Logitech G933
- Razer Kraken 7.1 V2
- Sennheiser GSP350
#3. Google Assistant
Google Assistant is an AI voice assistant that Alphabet-owned Google launched in 2016. It is one of the most powerful virtual assistants. Google Assistant supports voice and text entry and natural language processing.
It offers many functions and services:
- Voice commands for searching
- Voice-activated device control
- Assisting others with their tasks or finding the right information online
- Reminders to be sent and appointments made
- Translation in real-time
Google Assistant is now available on many devices thanks to partnerships the company has made with other companies. Google AI is available on:
According to reports, Assistant was expanded by Google in October 2018. It works with 10,000 devices from 1,000 brands. These devices include iPhones, as well as many other brands. The number of active users is growing.
Alexa, also known as Amazon Alexa, is an AI-powered virtual assistant by Amazon. Alexa has gained widespread popularity and is now available on over 60,000 devices (May 2019) and more than 100 million devices (April 2019). Alexa can perform many tasks using programs like voice interaction, voice queries and natural language processing.
She is capable of performing tasks such as
- Play audiobooks and music playback
- Create to-do lists
- Alarms can be set up
- Stream podcasts
- Weather information in real-time
- Traffic information in real-time
- Live information about news and sports
Alexa-powered devices allow users to activate them with a wake word, while others require a push button. Alexa can be found on many platforms, including:
3. Amazon Echo
4. Amazon Echo Dot smart speakers
5. Laptops and PCs
FORRESTER – Whitepaper: The Total Economic Impact(tm), IBM Watson Assistant
Bixby by Samsung is an AI assistant. She is able to perform a wide range of interactions and can interpret your requests and take the appropriate actions. It works in a similar way to Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. It listens to what you say and interprets it to return the action.
She is capable of performing tasks such as
- Weather and news articles tailored information
- Set meetings reminders
- Sends and receives messages, makes calls
- Answers are personalized based on who asked them
- Turn on your air conditioner
- Turn off the lights
- On command, change the TV channel or wallpaper
- Take a selfie
- Facebook: Auto shares photos
It is compatible with many other Samsung products. It’s available on:
1. Samsung Family Hub TV and fridge
2. Samsung Galaxy Home Bixby speaker
3. Samsung Galaxy S series
4. Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
5. Samsung Galaxy Note Fan Edition
6. Samsung Galaxy A8 Star
7. Samsung Galaxy A series
8. Samsung Galaxy C8
9. Samsung Galaxy Watch
DataBot an AI virtual assistant that uses a protocol-droid design is called DataBot. It can address important topics and answer voice questions on various interesting topics.
It can also perform the following functions:
- Images, information, and multimedia presentations.
- You can provide personalized information, such as a tutorial, spoken dialogue, or a random topic
- Identifications and presentations
- This section provides information on etymology, synonyms, and antonyms for specific questions
- Searches and identifies.
- Monitor and calculate your health
- Entertains with jokes, quotes, and riddles
- Reminders, appointments, alarm clocks, shopping lists, and reminders for Sets and Updates
- Get the latest news and tell your daily horoscope
- Use voice commands to make funny and fun music
- Use SMS, email, and social media to share information
DataBot can also easily be customized. For instance, users can choose to change their preferred language. DataBot is available in English, French, German, and Spanish. It’s available at:
1. Windows 10
2. Tablets and Android phones
3. iOS, iPad, and iPod
4. Xbox One
5. Windows phones
Lyra, a cloud-based virtual assistant for intelligent communication, is an intelligent personal assistant. It can understand multiple languages, contexts, and intent.
It can perform the following tasks:
- Voice controls music
- Find the best bar or restaurant
- You can search Google, Wikipedia, Yahoo!, Yelp and YouTube.
- Google Maps provides directions and assists in finding locations
- Text translation from more than 70 languages
- Weather forecasts for every location
- Get connected to social media
Lyra AI assistant supported by:
1. Android smartphone and tablet
2. iOS Smartphones, Tablets, and Laptops
3. Windows smartphone, tablet, and computer
Hound is an AI voice assistant app. The app uses proprietary Deep Meaning and Speech-to-Meaning Understanding technology. It boasts a large number of customers, including Honda, Motorola, Mercedes-Benz, and Hyundai.
It can perform many tasks, including
- Search information using natural voice
- Follow-up is required to improve the results
- Quick and precise results
- Send a text message or make a phone call
- Information on weather and news
- Locate a nearby hotel
- Check your flight status
- Navigate address
- Uber calls
Hound’s app can be downloaded on Android, Windows, or iOS devices.
Youper, an AI-powered emotional assistant app, was developed with funding from Goodwater Capital. It employs multiple AI to personalize different techniques and better understand users while simultaneously tracking their mood. It has received excellent reviews from app stores and is highly rated by experts.
It assists users with functions including:
- Take control of their emotional health
- Have quick conversations
- Meditations for you, guided by a personal guide
It provides users with a personal experience by matching them up with the best psychological techniques, including mindfulness and cognitive-behavioral methods.
It’s available for both Android as well as iOS platforms.
No TIME for reading?
Robin by Audioburst is an AI voice assistant. It’s a comprehensive model of language semantics, a unified method with reusable building blocks. It is not like Siri and it can respond to gestures and learn new concepts and phrases.
It performs functions such as:
- Listening to your favorite podcasts or radio stations’ audio content
- This site provides information about the NBA, celebrities, history, politics, and design as well as gourmet food.
- Auto-build playlist.
- It supports commands like calling and sending SMS
- Get information on traffic alerts and parking
- Gas price update for users
It’s available for both Android as well as iOS platforms.
Which person is the smartest personal assistant you know?
Loup Ventures claims that Google Assistant is still the smartest assistant among Apple’s Siri and Amazon’s Alexa. Both assistants are catching up with the rest of the field.
What is the work of an AI assistant?
AI assistants combine computer chips, microphones, and AI software. Voice commands are used to complete tasks. When a user asks an AI assistant to complete a task, the voice signal is converted into digital information that is then processed with software.
What’s a smart assistant?
A smart assistant is a program that understands voice commands and texts and executes them for the user.
Which assistant is the best in the world?
Google Assistant is the smartest digital assistant service, Amazon Alexa allows compatibility with other devices and Apple’s Siri provides the most advanced automation features. The devices you have will play a major role in deciding what device you choose.
Siri is an AI?
Siri is an AI assistant from Apple Inc. It’s a spin-off of a project at the SRI International AI Center. The speech recognition was provided and it is owned by Nuance Communications. Siri was integrated into the iPhone 4S for the first time in October 2011.
List of Artificial Intelligence assistants for 2022
Siri, Cortana, Google Assistant, Alexa, Bixby, DataBot, Lyra, Hound, Youper, Robin
What is the Best AI Personal Assistant App for You?
Google Assistant and Siri for iOS are the best AI personal assistant apps for Android users.
AI virtual assistants are rapidly evolving. They are being enabled by companies to offer more capabilities, such as speech recognition and natural-language processing advancements. They will be able to understand and respond to requests. A number of improvements in voice recognition technology allow them to integrate into business workflows. AI assistants will be equipped with more advanced cognitive computing technology in the future. These technologies will enable them to complete multi-step tasks and carry out more complicated tasks.